Monday, September 17, 2012

Thai Chick'n Quesadilla

I found this recipe on Gardein's website but my grocery store didn't have their product so I bought Morningstar "chicken" strips, not the fried kind. I am so impressed with how….chickeny…..they were.

Take 1 package of the fake chicken and put it, frozen, into a frying pan on medium. You might want to add a little oil if you aren't using a non-stick pan. I added a pinch of smoked sea salt.  Cook until browned on all sides and take off of the heat.

Mix together:

1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp hot sauce
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
Juice of one lime

Pour it on the chicken and mix until well coated.

Chop up some cilantro and green onions. You want about 4 tbsp of each.

Cheese is important here. I used Daiya mozzarella for mine and regular shredded mozzarella for B's.  1-2 cups of each is good.

Grab some whole wheat tortillas and heat up a pan.  Build your quesadillas:

1 tortilla in pan, topped with a sprinkle of cheese, then the chicken mix, then the onions and cilantro, followed by more cheese and a final tortilla.  Cook until the tortilla gets browned and then flip carefully. I say that because cheese will go flying if you just slap it down

Slice it up and serve. Great for lunch or supper.

Delicious.  You'd think the hot sauce would make it too spicy but it was just right. The peanut butter must balance the heat.   I plan on taking the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment