Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Smoked Paprika Pork Tenderloin with Succotash


Is there any meat better than a pork tenderloin?  This meal was done in 30 minutes. It would have taken less time if I had chopped my vegetables when I brought them home. The recipe calls for cumin and smoked paprika, two spices I go through pretty fast. However, in this case, I think next time I would omit the cumin. It overpowered the paprika. Of course that could be because I don't so much measure as guess. And my hand slipped a little when adding the cumin. But look how pretty:


From The Best of Clean Eating 2 cookbook.

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil 
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cumin
salt and pepper
1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and silver skin, cut into medallions (I cut mine into chunks)
1/2 a medium sized white (I used yellow) onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup frozen baby lima beans, thawed
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

In a small bowl, add 1 tsp oil and the pork. Coat with the oil, season with cumin, paprika and a little salt. Coat the pieces well and set aside.  

Place 1 tsp oil in sauté pan and add onions and peppers. Sauté until a little soft.  Add the corn and lima beans and season with salt and pepper. Heat through, remove from the pan and keep warm.

Heat the last tsp of oil in the pan on med-high and cook the pork until browned and no longer pink in the middle. The time it takes will depend on how thick your pieces are. 

Add the cilantro to the succotash and stir. Serve the vegetables with the pork. 

This was a very fulfilling and good meal. I would make it again with some adjustments. Like I said, I don't think I'd use cumin. 

According to the cookbook, lima beans contain about 24% of the recommended daily protein intake and 40% of the day's fiber.  



1 comment:

  1. Pork & succotash - two of my favorites! This looks SOOO yummy! Gonna have to put it on my menu for next week.

    ReplyDelete