Thursday, August 30, 2012

Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla

I found a recipe for this quesadilla on vegweb.com. It's really simple but SO good.

What I used:

1 can black beans…drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
1 small onion….diced
1 medium red bell pepper….diced
2 teaspoons cumin
salt and pepper to taste
the juice of 1 small lime
Mozzarella cheese of your choice. I used Daiya, vegan cheese.

Heat everything in a pan until the veggies are softened a bit. Take a masher and mash everything up a little.  Heat a skillet sprayed lightly with oil. Place one tortilla in the pan, add a 1/4  or so of the mix to the tortilla. Top with cheese and another tortilla. Mash the top down so the mix spreads.  Once one side is toasted flip it over. The second side usually cooks faster. Repeat until the mix is gone. I made 3 quesadillas with the last being super filled for Bobby. I could have easily turned it into 2 but by then I was ready to eat!

Cut and serve. They were great as is and with salsa. Even my toddler liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment