Saturday, August 25, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal

It was an oatmeal kind of morning. Especially after discovering Mrbreakfast.com with tons of oatmeal recipes. I have never really deviated from Quaker Oats Instant and thought it was time to shake things up.  Making your own is healthier as you can control what goes into it.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal original recipe

I modified it to suit my personal needs:

1/3 cup instant oats
1 cup soy milk
1 big teaspoon sugar free cocoa powder
dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon almond butter
Stevia liquid sweetener

Bring the milk to a boil and add oats. Cook until thickened….about 2 minutes.  Add the cocoa powder and almond butter. I found using a whisk helped dissolve the cocoa powder better.  Remove from heat and add stevia to taste. I used 2 drops and it wasn't very sweet at all. The taste of dark chocolate really came through. Top with chocolate chips.

This was decadent and so very filling.



No comments:

Post a Comment