Sunday, July 15, 2012

Squash and Goat Cheese Pizza

This is a take on Vegetarian Time's Zucchini Goat Cheese Pizza. I had squash I need to use up so I substituted it for the zucchini.  It was really simple and absolutely delicious. I served it with a quick spinach and red onion salad.


Pizza
  • 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
  • 8 oz. (½ pkg.) prepared refrigerated pizza dough or pre-made crust

  • 1 3.5-oz. log goat cheese, thinly sliced or roughly chopped
  • 1 summer squash, peeled into thin strips
  • 1 small red bell pepper, cut into rings
Sauce
  • 1 6-oz. can tomato paste with garlic
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • ½ tsp. red wine vinegar
1. To make Pizza: Preheat oven to 450°F. Brush large baking sheet or pizza pan with 1 Tbs. oil. Spread pizza dough in prepared pan.
2. To make Sauce: stir together all ingredients with fork in small bowl.
3. Spread Sauce on dough. Top with half of goat cheese. Spread squash strips over goat cheese, 
top with bell pepper rings, then remaining goat cheese. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbs. oil. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Cool 10 minutes, then cut into 6 slices

Before baking….

After baking.

I should have cooked mine longer to melt the cheese better but I was hungry! And it smelled so good it didn't matter. This was the first time I used this crust. It was very good. Not too thick or thin.  There were 2 individual sized crusts in the package. I could eat this again and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment