Sunday, July 29, 2012

Kidney Bean Burgers

This was the first of many veggie burgers to come. At least until I find "the one." You can find vegan veggie burgers in the stores but even those are often full of fat. This was a very quick burger that was a good base for toppings. Because the toppings was pretty much what made it good.

http://www.vegfamily.com/vegan-recipes/entrees/kidney-bean-burgers.htm

I took one can of dark red kidney beans, rinsed, and mashed them up good. I added 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 3 or 4 shakes of low sodium soy sauce and 1/2 cup of oats. I formed this into 3 patties and cooked them on medium heat in a skillet with about a tbl of vegetable oil. Top with whatever you normally top a burger with. Even my meat loving husband thought they were good (although he planned on making a steak later.)

I served this with green beans roasted with olive oil and garlic (425 oven for 15 minutes.) Much better than fries!

No comments:

Post a Comment