Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cedarlane's Burrito Grande with Salsa Roja Review

Having zero ability to cook this week, I stopped at the local Nature's Market and picked up a few vegetarian frozen meals. It's been over 15 years since I was a vegetarian. There is so much more variety now. I still prefer to skip processed foods of any kind but some nights require the convenience. At least until I can get organized.

This was an excellent burrito. Full of black beans, corn and basmati rice. It had a salsa like sauce and was smothered in organic cheddar cheese. It cooked in the microwave for 5 minutes. I enjoyed every bite. Granted I could easily make this at home. But I needed my hands free tonight so this was a good alternative.

Health wise it contains no trans-fats, 9 g of fat, 220 calories, 27 g carbs, 9 g protein and 619 g sodium. The sodium is pretty high but the suggested daily requirement is 1500 g a day and I'm still way under at the end of the day.

As for it being filling, well yes, I suppose it was. The trouble is, I've gotten so used to the American way of overrating until I feel sick, that I felt like I wanted more. I made myself wait and eventually my brain caught up to my stomach. A good meal to end the day. If I could have made a salad it would have been perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment