Wednesday, June 20, 2012

BBQ Pork Burgers with Slaw

BBQ Pork Burgers

I found this recipe on Epicurious.com a couple of years back and it's tasty. The recipe calls for bottled BBQ sauce, which goes against the Clean Eating philosophy but I found one with somewhat okay ingredients. What I need to do is make a batch myself and keep it handy. Alas….
Water, Tomato Paste, Sugar, Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Tapioca Dextrin, Salt, Brown Sugar, Spices, Corn Starch, Contains Less than 0.5% of: *Onion, Paprika, *Garlic, Chili Powder, Natural Smoke Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Citric Acid, Corn Syrup, Tamarind, Natural Flavors.
*Dried

I changed the recipe slightly to meet my needs. 


  • 1 bag pre-made slaw mix
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar, divided
  • 1/2 cup bottled tomato-based barbecue sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
  • 4 whole wheat kaiser or soft rolls

  • Mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar together and mix into slaw mix. Set aside.

  • Mix ground pork with sauce and chili powder.  Make into patties and grill or cook stove top.  Baste burgers with more BBQ sauce once cooked.


  • As you can see, I didn't make my patties big enough for the giant buns! And I should have toasted the buns but my child was fussy and the dogs were carrying on so I had to make due. I like these but I had forgotten that the meat can be a little bit dry. I think I'll try it again with ground beef.


No comments:

Post a Comment