Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bacon Spinach Feta Pizza with Sun-dried Tomato Sauce

Wow. This pizza is so good there are almost no words. If you like the flavor of sun-dried tomatoes, this is for you. I found the recipe here:

Perry's Plate

I did make my own pizza sauce. For the sauce:

6-8 oz warm water
1 can tomato paste
3/4 tbl. Italian Herb blend
1/4 tea. salt
1 tea. honey
1/4 tea. red cayenne pepper
1/2 cup sun-dried tomato spread:
Mix all ingredients until well blended. 

You'll also need:
Baby spinach
cooked bacon (I used 5 slices)
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella
feta cheese (roughly 1/3-1/4 cup)

For the pizza crust I used a roll of Pillsbury Pizza Dough, thin crust. 

Preheat oven to 400. Lightly mist pizza pan with Olive Oil spray. Roll out pizza dough onto the pizza pan.

Spread sauce over dough. Be careful not to use too much or the pizza will be soggy.  I used about 1/2 a cup although I didn't measure. Top with baby spinach and shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.  Add crumbled cooked bacon and feta cheese to taste.

Bake for another 5 minutes or until the feta has melted some.



Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment